The DeBerry Group is a full-service communications firm located in the heart of downtown San Antonio. We’re more than just service providers. We’re trusted advisors and passionate advocates for our clients and their issues. The DeBerry Group is proud of the long-term relationships that we’ve built with our clients and our employees, and our record speaks volumes about our character and our solid work.
The DeBerry Group is seeking an Account Supervisor who thrives in a fast-paced work environment. The candidate should have at least five years of communications experience with growing responsibility in project management, creating and managing budgets, media relations and marketing and communications. We are looking for a strategic thinker and leader on the rise who can bring creativity, strong team management and excellent service to our clients.
Qualified candidates should send resumes and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Develop, manage and execute communications and marketing strategy on behalf of clients
- Writing, editing and publication of communications materials including strategic messaging documents, press releases, media advisories, blogs, byline articles and website copy
- Writing, editing and publication of client management materials including memos, status documents and emails
- Drafting of project and account budgets within Excel, with additional translation into estimates and proposal documents
- Local, regional, and national media pitching
- Monitor integrated marketing trends and best practices and effectively implement into client strategy
- Be able to delegate and manage others within a collaborative dynamic
- Collaborate with clients and coworkers to generate original and impactful ideas
- Organize and execute client events including press conferences, media tours, and blogger activations
- Consult with clients regarding communications needs, providing best-practice communications and marketing expertise and guidance
- Assist with new business development and presentations
- Provide ongoing expertise in the education field, including awareness of policy issues surrounding public education, understanding of the dynamics between communities and ISDs, insight into education administration and funding challenges
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, education or related field preferred
- At least five years’ experience in an education, communications or public relations industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated flexibility in job responsibilities
- Some travel may be required
- Agency experience not mandatory, but welcomed
- Candidates with education background or direct experience in education industry are also welcome