The DeBerry Group is a full-service integrated marketing firm located in the heart of downtown San Antonio. We are more than just service providers. We are trusted advisors and passionate advocates for our clients and their issues. The DeBerry Group is proud of the long-term relationships that we have built with our clients and our employees, and our record speaks volumes about our character. Find our open positions below.
The DeBerry Group is looking for a Creative Copywriter who is extremely motivated, organized and excited to work with an all-star creative team on a variety of accounts in a fast-paced, agency environment.
The candidate should be a top-notch linguistic ninja with grammar skills and the ability to write the way people not only speak but also want to read. On any given project the candidate will be integral at elevating team brainstorms, concepting solutions and translating ideation into engaging copy for presentation decks, video scripts, digital, social, public relations, advertising, campaigns while staying completely on strategy. The ideal candidate has written for both the traditional and digital portions of campaigns. Spanish proficiency a plus.
Qualified candidates should send resumes, including writing samples, to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
- Produce engaging, clever, and innovative concepts and copy for marketing campaigns
- Develop messaging including long-form and short-form content, taglines, etc. for individual campaign tactics (ads, collateral, direct mail, emails, blogs, etc.)
- Responsible for researching, creating, and writing copy that properly reflects the project’s strategy and objectives
- As a valued member of the creative department: inspire peers, elevate thinking, exceed expectations, evolve feedback
- Ensure proper usage of brand voice and style, as well as grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation for internal and for client projects
- Apply a keen attention to detail to all projects no matter the size
- Expertly proof creative
- Maintain and enforce high brand and quality standards for every client
- Effectively communicate with internal teams on messaging strategies and recommendations
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, anticipate demands, coordinate multiple deadlines and produce projects from concept to final design
- Strong time and project management skills to ensure deadlines are met on or before schedule
- Collaborate, communicate, adapt, and present ideas
- At least four years of copywriting for marketing campaign experience
- Degree in Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or in a similar field
- Three to four writing samples that display the range of abilities must be submitted with resume to be considered
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal partners and departments in a deadline-based structure
- Knowledge of marketing campaigns, content creation and digital platforms in the public space is essential to this role
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes